Content coordinators are responsible for managing the flow of information within an organization. They work with writers, designers, and other content creators to ensure that everything is consistent and cohesive.
Content coordinators may also be tasked with creating their own content—they might write blog posts or create social media updates on behalf of their company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researching topics to develop content that meets audience needs
- Writing and editing article content, including interviewing sources and fact checking
- Conducting market research to identify target audiences and potential topics of interest
- Working with writers to ensure that they have all the information needed to create quality content
- Reviewing materials created by other content creators to ensure that they are consistent with the brand’s tone and style
- Coordinating with writers to schedule production timelines and monitor progress on projects
- Scheduling interviews with experts who can speak about hot topics in their field
- Making sure that all content is compliant with state and federal laws regarding issues such as copyright violations, defamation, and invasion of privacy
- Maintaining records of all publications and broadcast materials produced by the company
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in BA, Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
- 1 year agency experience or in a similar role.
- Adept at keyword placement and SEO best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly computer literate and advanced knowledge of HTML.
- Proficiency with popular content management systems.
- Experience with social media management.
- Creativity and the ability to develop original content.
- Ability to develop content that provokes engagement.