- 10+ years of experience, with 5 years in Business Intelligence/Data Analytics. Strong knowledge of relational database concepts and structures, data integration techniques, Extract Transform and Load (ETL) processes and business intelligence best practices as well as dealing with unstructured information such as social media, documents, etc.
- Big data technology skills in Hadoop, Cloudera, HortonWorks, Hive, Pig, Oozie, Map Reduce, Spark, Shark, Kafka, Flume, etc. is mandatory
- Database design skills in Oracle, MySQL, Sql Server, or BigData, and backend data processing in SQL and NoSQL
- Software development and enterprise data warehouse/business intelligence solutions, such as TIBCO/Spotfire, Oracle BI, Microstrategy or Cognos is preferred
- Data Management solution experience in Informatica, Ab Initio, Cognos, DataFlux, ER Studio, or Adaptive is preferred
- Data visualization tool experience in Cognos, Pentaho, Tableau, etc. is preferred
- Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Statistical and Quantitative Analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Take ownership of data warehouse big data projects and implementations
- Understands real-time analytics, complex event processing, data warehouses, business intelligence, etc.
- Familiar with the interaction between data and middleware, as part of an automated data provisioning strategy.
- Performs extensive data analysis, including data profiling and data quality analysis
- Uses problem-solving skills to rapidly create ad-hoc queries to answer complex business questions or identify data issues
- Develops complex queries against normalized and dimensional models and writing queries to create data sets
- Exploits unstructured information, possibly Natural Language Processing